Adding the DuckDuckGo Opera plugin enables you to:
✔ Get DuckDuckGo's Instant-Answers on Google and Bing results.
✔ Quickly access the DuckDuckGo !bang tags.
✗ Search DuckDuckGo using the browser's address bar (Opera does not allow --see below for manual method).
✗ Search DuckDuckGo using the browser's search bar (Opera does not allow --see below for manual method).
✗ Search DuckDuckGo using the browser's context search (Opera includes DuckDuckGo by default).
Click here to install the DuckDucGo add-on to Opera.
Screenshot of the DuckDuckGo Opera add-on.
Setting DuckDuckGo as the default search for your Opera address bar:To add DuckDuckGo to older versions of Opera (or to manually add it in newer versions), use this procedure:
- Visit https://duckduckgo.com.
- Right click on the search box.
- Select "Create Search...".
4. For "keyword", enter "d".
5. If you wish, check "Use as default search engine" and/or "User as speed dial search engine".
6. Click "OK".
Please note that if you have a custom URL, you must put "q=%s" at the end to make it work.
Setting DuckDuckGo as the search-engine used in the search box:To set DuckDuckGo in the search box:
- Opera now includes DuckDuckGo as an available option--just click the dropdown arrow in the search box.
- Select DuckDuckGo
- Begin searching!
Setting DuckDuckGo as the Opera homepage:To set DuckDuckGo as your homepage:
- Open the Opera menu (top).
- Go to settings/preferences.
- Under homepage, click Use Current.
- Click OK.